THE ART OF CUSTOMIZING MEDICINE
Each person is different, that’s why InjuryScripts takes a different approach to medicine. Compounding is the mixing of two or more ingredients by a pharmacist to fit the unique needs of a patient. We work with physicians to customize medication for YOU in our non-sterile compounding lab. Millions of patients have unique health needs that off-the-shelf, manufactured medications cannot meet. For these patients, personalized medication solutions – prescribed by licensed practitioners and prepared by trained, licensed pharmacists – are the only way to better health.
A compounding pharmacist can meet individual needs of children and adults of all ages. Non-sterile compounding can be tremendously useful in providing patients with custom solutions to their medication needs. Our pharmacy staff is specially trained in the art of compounding.
Here are a few examples of how customized medications may be the answer for you:
· You have nausea or trouble swallowing oral medication.
· Medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol.
· Medications are not commercially available in the strength or flavor that work best for you.
· Combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier
administration and improved compliance.
· Unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
· You are concerned about the side effects of your current medication.
Cash Option Formulas are available for all patients in the event that the prescribed medications are not covered by insurance.
The efficacy of your compounded prescription is directly related to its preparation which is why the selection of your compounding pharmacy is critical.